The digital nomad visa is more often known as a long-term business visa for freelancers that allows them to work and reside in the Czech Republic for up to a year.
You must renew your trading license if you wish to extend your digital nomad visa.
About the Czech Republic Nomadic Digital Nomad Visa
Many advantages await digital nomads in the Czech Republic. It is one of Europe’s safest countries, with modern infrastructure and great public transit.
In comparison to many other European countries, the Czech Republic has a lower cost of living.
The average monthly cost of living in Prague, for example, is $2,294 USD. Furthermore, there are numerous decent and reasonably priced lodging options.
The Czech Republic does not offer a visa designed expressly for digital nomads. Czechia, on the other hand, provides a long-term resident visa that permits you to work as a freelancer in the Czech Republic for up to a year.
As a freelancer, you must receive a ‘ivnostenské oprávnn‘ visa, or simply “Zivno Visa,” which is a trade license or a company license. This visa is better appropriate for vocations such as English teacher, designer, translator, copywriter, social media manager, content writer, and so on.
Digital nomads can operate as a freelancer in the Czech Republic for up to a year after obtaining a Zivno visa for freelancers.
The Advantages of a Czech Republic Digital Nomad Visa
There are various reasons why you should live as a digital nomad in the Czech Republic, including the following:
- Because the Czech Republic is located in the heart of Europe, you will have easy access to the rest of the continent by bus, train, or flight.
- Every week, several festivals and events take place in Prague, providing you with an unforgettable experience while living there.
- If you enjoy spending time with your pets, Prague is one of the most pet-friendly towns in Europe.
- Low living expenses. The Czech Republic is a reasonably inexpensive country to live in. The rental rates are reasonable, ranging from €280 to €500.
- Internet bandwidth. As a digital nomad, you will appreciate the Czech Republic’s superb internet connection.
- If you enjoy cold weather, the Czech Republic is an excellent choice. The winters are bitterly cold and snowy, while the summers are pleasant.
- English is widely spoken. You can freely speak English in the Czech Republic because most people, especially in the larger cities, understand it.
- A secure country. The Czech Republic is one of the safest countries to live in. According to several evaluations, you can easily choose this country to reside in because of the safety it provides.
- Popular vacation spots. The Czech Republic has a diverse choice of enjoyable activities. The Prague Zoo, castles, and cathedrals may all be visited.
- The Schengen zone allows for unrestricted travel. You can travel freely between Schengen countries with the Czech Republic digital nomad visa.
Since it is a trade license, another great detail is that the Czech digital nomad visa allows digital nomads to collaborate with Czech citizens and businesses, something which most other digital nomad visas do not allow.
Czech Republic Digital Nomad Visa Requirements
The following requirements must be met in order to obtain a Digital Nomad visa:
- You must be at least 18 years old.
- Your job must be flexible enough to allow you to work anywhere in the world.
- You must have a professional online résumé. It might be similar to LinkedIn, which is an online profile where all professionals can connect.
- A business plan is required. You will be required to submit paperwork outlining how your work will be carried out step by step.
- You must have your own website. A website page containing all of your work, such as a portfolio, and your freelancing services.
- A business card is required.
How Do I Apply for a Czech Republic Digital Nomad Visa?
Remote workers must apply for a digital nomad visa to the Czech Republic at the Czech embassy in your home country:
Make an appointment with the Czech Embassy in your area. You cannot make an appointment once you have entered the Czech Republic.
Obtain a business license. To operate in the Czech Republic, you must get a trade license. To apply for a Trade License, you must have the following documents, all of which must be in Czech:
Apply online at the Czech Republic’s Trade Licensing Register. The following documents are required:
- A valid passport.
- A completed digital nomad visa application.
- An address is located in the Czech Republic.
- Trade Classification.
- Check for a criminal record.
- Fee of 41,000 CZK (41€).
Submit the necessary documentation to the embassy. Make sure you have all of the necessary paperwork before applying at the embassy.
Attend the interview for immigration. When you apply for a visa, you must also attend an interview, where you will be asked about the purpose for your stay, the job you will do, and your financial condition.
Allow time for approval. Your visa will normally be accepted in three to six months.
Documents Required for the Czech Republic Digital Nomad Visa
The following documents are required for a visa for freelance employment (digital nomad) in the Czech Republic:
- A valid passport. You must keep your passport valid for at least six months following your return date.
- Form of application. You must complete an application form for a long-stay visa to the Czech Republic, which you may obtain from the Czech Ministry of Foreign Affairs (here).
- Two passport photographs. Two passport-sized pictures taken within the last six months must be submitted.
- Evidence of sufficient financial resources. You must produce bank statements to demonstrate that you have sufficient financial resources. You must have a minimum balance of €5,061 in your bank account.
- Zivno business license. As proof of your intent to stay, you must produce your trade license.
- Demonstrate your ability to adapt. You must submit documentation proving that you have enough lodging for the duration of your stay in the Czech Republic.
- No criminal history. You must demonstrate that you have a clean criminal record by producing a certificate obtained from the police authority in your native country.
- Health coverage. You must demonstrate that you have health insurance in the Czech Republic that covers at least €60,000 of your medical bills.
Frequently Asked Questions
Following your arrival in the Czech Republic, you must complete the following steps:
- You have three days to register your address.
- Wait for the Foreign Policy stamp.
- Submit your trade license and stamp to the trade office in your area.
After five days, you will get your permanent trade license and can begin working.
The Czech Republic digital nomad visa is good for six months to a year. The digital nomad visa is more often known as a long-term business visa for freelancers that allows them to work and reside in the Czech Republic for up to a year.
You must renew your trading license if you wish to extend your digital nomad visa.
The following payments must be paid in order to receive a Czech Republic digital nomad visa:
- The digital nomad visa costs approximately €102.
- The application fee is approximately €41.
- The trade license costs about €41.
The digital nomad visa for the Czech Republic often takes three months or more to process, depending on the embassy where you apply.
The Czech Republic digital nomad visa is typically good for six months to a year. Because the Czech Republic's digital nomad visa is more like a long-term business visa, you can stay and work there for a year.
You must first renew your trading license before you may prolong your digital nomad visa.
A Czech Republic visa allows you to bring your family with you. You must, however, demonstrate that you have sufficient financial resources to sustain them.
The Czech Republic is not regarded an expensive country because lodging, public transportation, and dining rates are low. The average monthly cost ranges from €350 to €750.
You can extend the visa, but you must first file for a trading license extension. The visa is valid for one year at first. If you want to stay longer, you can apply for an extension. It can be extended for another year by contacting the Ministry of Interior.
The Czech Republic has fast internet access. It ranks 48th in the world in terms of mobile internet speeds and 79th in terms of fixed broadband speeds.
Because you will be working remotely, you must have fast internet connectivity. The internet in the Czech Republic is fast, so working remotely will be no problem.